With her new visual identity, the 40 immediately stands out. While faithful to the image of Lagoon’s "DNA", a new style is born: an individual, streamlined and accomplished design depicts her large portholes and panoramic view. This creates a refined and high-performance unit, emphasised by the chamfer running from the bow to the stern. A new generation Lagoon, recognisable at first sight.
Lagoon 40 from Lagoon catamarans video on Vimeo.
A comfortable cockpit looking out to sea: a starboard dining table, able to accommodate up to twelve guests, a recreation area on the same side and seating at the rear beam.
An ergonomic helm station accessible from the cockpit or deck, thus enabling communication between the skipper and crew at all times.
Large aft transoms with a spacious swim platform, allowing simple access to the tender and safe, easy boarding.
A forward cockpit, fitted with a sunbathing area, provides further living space.
A symbol of the new generation Lagoons, the 40 is endowed with advanced performance features: a VPLP hull structure and an increased sail area provide a better sail surface area / displacement ratio. The decision to position the mast step further aft, which stems directly from VPLP's experience in competitive sailing, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:
- A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres.
- A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails: a guarantee of performance.
- A shorter boom for ease of manoeuvring.
- A main sail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimised performance.
- The re-centring of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces pitching.