The new Lagoon 39 fits between the essential Lagoon 380 and the 400 S2.
Lagoon 39 : the new Lagoon generation in 39'
The Lagoon 39 filiation with the new Lagoon generation is apparent on first sight: vertical, bevelled bows, aft centered mast for sailing performance and ease of handling ... a strong character indeed!
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- wide choice of layouts including 2, 3 or 4 cabins
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
Exterior: comfort and safety
- a simple, efficient deck layout allows to control the main maneuvers from the steering station, and for an easy and protected boarding
- broad sidedecks, with recessed deck hatches
- the cockpit is well protected and comfortable, with a wide crossing passage aft, a dining table to port and a settee to starboard and a direct access to the steering station from the cockpit AND from the deck
Rigging: performance and user-friendliness
The decision to locate the mast further to aft directly comes from the designers' racing experience and has many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- a large forward triangle allows a larger foresails choice: a promise for great performance
- the shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver
- the mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the
top, thus enhancing performance
- by re-centering the weight in this way, pitching is considerably reduced
Interiors: inventiveness and elegance…
- the cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side
- the saloon includes a large dining area forward to starboard, a chart table with a panel for navigation electronics and a small desk with a flap. Aft to port, the « L » shaped galley has a direct access to the cockpit for a better usability and conviviality
- an important innovation is the possibility to have a 2 luxurious cabin owner's version, with a king size bed, a desk, a sofa, a large hanging locker and a wide bathroom forward in each hull